Transport Useful Links to other Websites
For cycling and walking:
- BG Cycles and Blades — excellent local bikeshop, 48 Porty High Street, open 7 days a week. Bikes and inline skates for sale or rent. Repairs carried out same day/ next day.
- The Bike Station — for second hand bikes, bike training, etc
- Paths for all — want to start walking but prepare to do it in a group
- Spokes — the Lothian Cycle Campaign
- Cycling to school
- Living Streets Scotland — supporting local people to make their streets safe, enjoyble, attractive and meeting the needs of local people not racing traffic
- Sustrans — including creating a UK wide cycle network
For buses, trains and cars:
- Traveline Scotland (or phone 0871 200 22 33 ) — for bus and train info, just a finger click or phone call away!
- City Car Club — join the Edinburgh City Car Club and save money, reduce the number of cars on the road, and the need for local car parking. Currently two cars based in Porty.
- Choose Another Way — do you work in, or run, a business or organisation? This website provides all the information you need to develop a travel plan for your staff and visitors.
- Tripshare Sestran — reduce costs and increase efficiency by sharing a trip – for car owners and those who don’t own a car
- Energy Saving Trust travel page — have to use your car but want to reduce your emissions when driving? The top ten tips to reduce fuel use and thus carbon emissions and save you money
- Traffic Scotland — need to use the car but want to avoid road works, accidents and queues? Get up to date traffic info which will help you reduce emissions and congestion
- The Man In Seat Sixty-One — A practical site which lets you know about ideas and links for train travel.
- FRIXO — Current live traffic reports when you need them.
Flying (or avoiding flying):