Lothian Buses will be holding a depot open day at Central Depot, 55 Annandale Street, Edinburgh, EH7 4AZ on Saturday 22 September between 11.45 and 16.00. This is part of the Cockburn Association’s Doors Open Day event across Edinburgh.
The event is a great FREE fun day out for all of the family – highlights including:
- Edinburgh Buses from the 1950’s to date on display
- Guided open-top bus tours of the depot
- Tours of the depot in a vintage double-decker
- Trips through our bus washer in our state-of-the-art hybrid double-decker buses
- Manufacturer stand including an artist’s impression of our forthcoming single-decker hybrid buses
- Driving simulators
- The Heart of Midlothian parade bus AND the Scottish Cup
- Bus hoisted on jacks for you to walk under
- The chance to sit in the driving seat of a double-decker and play with the controls
- Playbus with ball pit and slides
- Bus toppled onto its side and recovery demonstration (2.30pm)
There will also be refreshments and toilets.
There is also a competition on our website to win the chance to see behind the scenes of their brand new Control Room suite. See http://lothianbuses.com/news/2‑general-news/1215-doors-open-day-2012.html for more details and how to enter.