PEDAL has produced a guide to saving energy at home, written by energy experts and available on-line and in paper copy. The booklet answers some frequently asked questions and suggests a range of ways you can make your home more energy efficient – from using energy saving products to changing the way you run your home, and from installing insulation to generating your own renewable energy.
There are lots of tips with checklists in this booklet for you to record what you’ve looked at and done. We’ve included actions that are appropriate for older houses and tenements, as well as newly built ones.
You can download a copy here — PEDAL Energy Saving Booklet
Printed copies are available from:
- Portobello Library
- Portobello Town Hall
- Portobello Community Centre (Adelphi Grove)
- Portobello Swim Centre (Promenade)
- Earthy (Windsor Place)
- Woodwares (Portobello High Street)
- Citizens Advice Bureau (Bath Street)
- St James’ Church Hall (Rosefield Place)
- Portobello Old Parish Church (Bellfield Street)
- St Phillip’s Church Hall (Brunstane Road North)
- Portobello Market (Brighton Park, first Saturday of every month)