In February and March 2011, The Edinburgh Community Backgreens Association (ECBA) will be running a FREE Community Gardener training programme, covering all the skills you need to become a fully fledged community gardener in your neighbourhood.
During the course of the training, we will establish a community gardener network so the participants can support each other’s projects after the training has finished.
This training is for anyone who is involved in community gardening projects, or anyone who would like to start or get involved with a project. The participatory approach to training means that we will draw on participants’ varied knowledge and experiences to learn.
some of the key themes we will cover are:
* Models for Community Gardening within a Tenemental Context
* How to recruit group members and publicise Community Backgreen projects
* Design Issues and creating a development plan for your site
* Carrying out your backgreen plans: running workshops etc
* Running a Community Backgreen Group
* Establishing a support network for the newly trained Community Gardeners
Dates and Location
The Community Gardener training will run on four full Saturdays from 10am-5pm, (with regular refreshment breaks). The training will be held at the ECBA offices: 5 Rose Street The dates of the workshops will be:
Saturday 12th February
Saturday 26th February
Saturday 12th March
Saturday 26th March
Registration and Attendance
You can attend just some or all of the workshops, as long as you let ECBA know in advance which ones you plan to attend. To register for the course:
email courses [at] ecba [dot] org [dot] uk, or call 0131 248 2698
For more information see the ECBA website — www.ecba.org.uk